(Sunrise from the plane)
I’m back home! And eventhough I loved Hong Kong, it feels great to sleep in your bed again, and have a not-so-humid-and-hot-weather anymore.
I tried to take a lot of pictures to give you guys the best impressions. I really recommend HK, it’s a really great mix between Asian culture and occidental cultures. You feel you’re on the other side of the world, but not too much, so you still feel comfortable.
The weather was not very nice (grey sky and some rain) but we still got a good vibe of the city.
The first day was mainly meetings directly after the flight – in WAY too climatised rooms- and a nice evening on Hong Kong Island enjoying the nice views and the good chinese food! Love it!
Here are also a fiew things that surprised/impressed me in HK:
- The scaffoldings are all made of bamboos. It looks very impressive and unsolide but seems to work.
- HK people always wear a mask when having a cold or beeing sick.
- They wash their hands with some antibacterial soap before entering a public bulding.
- Elevator buttons are cleaned every 30 minutes.
- When they give something to you, most of the time it’s with both hands and by leaning towards you as a mark of respect.
- Negociation is not an option: if they say no, they will reepeat “no, no, no” until you understand.
- The air conditioning is just like the temperature of my fridge. As a result I have a cold now (contrast with the hot weather outside)
- Chinese food in China is delicious escpecially “Peking Duck”.
- HK night life is crazy – but don’t expect to find a serious relationship there, it’s just about the fun.
And so much more, I will try to show you trough some pictures. Hope you enjoy them!
(First views from the taxi: arriving in HK)
(Scaffoldings made of bamboos)
(On the streets)
(First sundowner with a view on Kowloon)
(View from the Peak at night: one of the highest points of HK)
(Seafood and chinses dishes after a long day)
Some more photos coming up tomorow! (Discovery Bay, more views, shopping…)